Monday, November 30, 2009

Burt's Bees lip balms, still the best or is there anything better?

I was thinking about getting the original Burt's Bees again, unless the majority changes my mind.


Burt's Bees lip balms, still the best or is there anything better?
I've been using it on and off for years, I always go back to it. Definitely the best I have ever found.Burt's Bees lip balms, still the best or is there anything better?
If Burts Bees doesn't have petroleum like Chap-Stick does, stay with it,unless you want to try another brand. Avon has a great line of lip protectors that aren't too expensive %26amp; are safe for your lips. Look also for the cocoa butter based, lanolin, %26amp; beeswax based ones. Petrol is eventually drying your lips out %26amp; that's why you have to reapply it frequently. It's got a great deal of petrol in it.
I tried Burt's Bees when I got a variety pack as a stocking stuffer last year. They were okay. But I had to re-apply it a lot more than I do my favourite brand. Since I was 12 years old (I'm 46 now), I have been a faithful user of Bonne Bell Lip Smacker. Nothing keeps my lips in better shape. Not Chapstick, not Carmex, not The Body Shop. Blistex comes close. But I love Bonne Bell Lip Smacker. At just under $2, not a bad price for something so effective. You can see all varieties in the link to Bonne Bell, below.





Also... I sometimes get women asking ';What lip colour is that, and who makes it';... Oddly, it's always when I'm wearing the Bonne Bell Dr Pepper Lip Smacker. That always surprises them, and even me too.
What do you like about Burt's Bees lip balms? To keep my lips soft and SPF protected, I absolutely LOVE Natural Ice. It makes my lips super duper soft and they're never chapped, even during the brutal Santa Ana Winds we have here in Orange County. It also has a lovely cooling effect on your lips for a few minutes after initial application :-)





I've been using this for over, gosh, six years now. I don't like Chapstick or Blistex or Carmex or anything else, actually. I've found this to be the best and I'm also an athlete, too, and it has been great for meet days and practices which are both outside in the sun... all day long, too, if it's a meet day.





And lastly, it's cheap :-) Less than $2, I believe. I get mine at Albertson's in their medicine aisle.






Petroleum Jelly like Vasaline works wonders. I do know that a lot of models use it. I have always had chapped lips and nothing would work, not even burts bees but since I've been using vasaline my lips have been really soft.


also, drinking more water and eating more citrus fruits helps hydrate the skin making it softer.
well if burts bees works from you then i would advise sticking with that. I use a Coca Butter based lipbalm which i find incredible (Palmers) . You can also find some really good lipbalms at heath/natural food stores. Luca's Paw Paw ointment is really great aswell. Alot of people stay to steer clear of vaseline based products..but they work sooo well!


Goodluck :)
The Nivea Care and Gloss line works wonders. It may not be the most colorful range, but they keep your makeup and look discreet. It's also pretty fuss-free, and can be applied without worrying about matching anything else with it.
I always use Burt's Bees, but try Chapstick [The original, or Cherry]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
quick loan